Friday, July 20, 2007

Excellent service at Eastland Cafe


Before the Levon Helm concert the other day, my parents, my wife and I had happy hour drinks, appetizers and dinner at the Eastland Cafe (97 Chapel Ave, 615.627.1088) and once again I was reminded how much I love this place and the food is only part of the reason.

Click below to read more...

I am not a restaurant critic, though I love to eat and I do know what's what in the kitchen. The reason I'm writing this is to let everyone know that I have yet to have anything but a superb experience there. I am a stickler for customer service. One thing about Eastland Cafe is that everytime I've gone, every server, everyone who took the order, everyone who mixed the drinks and every chef who cooked the food has been extremely friendly and seemingly pleased that I chose to go there. I have to stop and remember if I know some of these people because they treat me like they've known me forever. That's a place I want to spend my money at. It doesn't take that much effort.

Our server the first time we ate there was (and excuse me if I spell this incorrectly) Darreth. She was really patient and helpful when we were tring to decide on what wine to drink. We aren't connoisseurs so we're a little slow at it. We just described the kind of taste we wanted and she suggested the exact wine. It was awesome. We sat outside in the back patio, it was a little early so we had the place to ourselves...but instead of disappearing as servers can, Darreth was always there when or before we needed her. The items she suggested were out of this world.

I have not had any less of an experience since and so far, and the food is heavenly. The happy hour is a great time to go because they have drinks for $5 and appetizers for $5. We went one time as a group of five, got one of everything on the appetizer menu and had so much fun trying the different items. When we got the bill it was no more than going out to some regular old eatery, but we tasted the time and effort that they put into their menu. So there you go...it's a great place to spend your money.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with everything you said. It has become our regular stop. It is a fantastic addition to dining on this side of town.

Unknown said...

Daniel is also an excellent server there. Eastland
Cafe is a great addition to the hood.
Barry

Anonymous said...

Several of us stopped by The Eastland Café for drinks and appetizers after
The Tomato Fest.
It was my first time there since it changed hands.
I enjoyed the experience to the extent that I decided upon it as the location
In which to propose to my girlfriend.
I spoke with the Manager beforehand and outlined what I had in mind.
She was very helpful, open and willing to accommodate my requests.
The big night came and we arrived at the restaurant to find a very enthusiastic
staff, a perfect table and an amazing dinner. My plans went off without a hitch and I’m happy to say that we are now engaged. The entire experience was truly wonderful.

I highly recommend this establishment and hope for their continued success.

JKS

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

What an AWESOME story...so cool. Congratulations!